Augmented for Autodesk Showcase 2013 SP4 software allows you to view your designs in the real world using a standard web camera.
Augmented reality (AR) is a live, direct or indirect, view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented bycomputer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data. It is related to a more general concept called mediated reality, in which a view of reality is modified (possibly even diminished rather than augmented) by a computer. As a result, the technology functions by enhancing one’s current perception of reality. By contrast, virtual reality replaces the real world with a simulated one.Augmentation is conventionally in real-time and in semantic context with environmental elements, such as sports scores on TV during a match. With the help of advanced AR technology (e.g. adding computer vision and object recognition) the information about the surrounding real world of the user becomes interactive and digitally manipulable. Artificial information about the environment and its objects can be overlaid on the real world. source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augmented_reality
- The performance is almost doubled when there is only one marker being tracked.
- The furthest tracking distance (where the marker is still recognized) is increased by about 10%.
- The technology preview supports Showcase 2013 including SP4.
- The model’s drift has been reduced.
- The expiration date has been extended to April 30, 2013.
- Some defects were corrected.