Rua1 of XDA Developer Released the MTK Droid Root and Tool 2.5.1 which fixes some of the bugs from the recent version here are some of the changelogs.
v2.5.1 is a bug fix for v2.5.0. Older added fix for backup flash emmc
- Running on Win 8.1
- Support MT6572 and MT6582 (already in v2.4.8b)
- Support phones MTD flash and different from the 2048/64 ratio Page/Spare. In the log window displays at a connection is an ratio. Because Spare determined intuitively, there is the probability of error definitions. Then the images will have to recompile under Linux.
- if the file system ubifs, then a warning is displayed with reference to the index page with a description of the problem.
- Cleaned checkboxes “Backup userdata and cache” and Leave “FlashTool files on SD card” (wrote about this plan recently).
- Fixed bugs found
Known unresolved problems v2.5.1:
- doesn’t make backup ubifs blocks
- block secro incorrectly saves on some phones with MTD type flash if it is not mounted in the system
- doesn’t make scatter in a new format for 6582 and 6572 devices ( in development process)
SOURCE: XDA FORUM