MediaTek announces the MT6752 , a 64-bit octa-core LTE SOC. The MT6752 will be powered by 2.0GHz ARM Cortex-53 CPUs and a Mali-T760 GPU – the next-level 64-bit mobile computing and will have finally a LTE. It is pin compatible with the previously announced Quad-Core MT6732.
The MT6752 platform delivers: Advanced Multimedia Features
- Supports low-power, 1080p, 30fps video playback supporting the emerging video codec standard H.265 and legacy H.264 and 1080p, 30fps H.264 video recording
- Integrated 16MP camera image signal processor
- MediaTek ClearMotion™ technology eliminates motion jitter and ensures smooth video playback at 60fps on mobile devices
- MediaTek MiraVision™ technology for DTV-grade picture quality
Integrated Multi-mode 4G LTE Modem
- Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150 Mb/s downlink, 50 Mb/s uplink)
- 3GPP Rel. 8, DC-HSPA+ (42 Mb/s downlink, 11 Mb/s uplink), TD-SCDMA and EDGE are supported for legacy 2G/3G networks
The MT6752 platform will be commercially available early Q3 of 2014, with a complete reference design and mass production in Q4.
We might expect prototypes soon with this chipset looking at the Features this is one of a Multimedia SoC that caters LTE connectivity, so this might be the Chipset that you are waiting for we know the LTE connectivity in the Philippines is still not that good but hopefully with this upcoming trend the Local telcos will also upgrade their system and even their services.